left For you go well with ketchup....: The wonders known as 'my job'

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The wonders known as 'my job'


Once again Legion is keeping to his normal update schedule of 'if and when I get around to it, (read- usually when I really need to do something else but I'm going to procrastinate so I'm doing this instead)'
So I decided to share my most recent amusement with the wonderful world known as the people who should really be doing something yet choose to read this instead. (Am I the only one that has noticed that I have spent far too much time on the wrong jobs recently? Oh well, for now you have my attention and my hands at the very least.)
This is not what the entry was about... CirKus and JuggLer are finally getting to my head... Might have been FooL... have to track down the prankster. Will do so after finishing this entry.

Now, as I'm sure at least some of you are aware, I tend to only be 'present' in Legion's consciousness in the evenings. So I found, to my great amusement, a story through sources which shall remain nameless (Legion is a bit manic about confidentiality). As it turns out, this story is an account of events which have happened in my absence.
While I admit (generally quite quietly) to having been 'present' during the morning hours approximately 5 times, this has not allowed for a great level of acclimatization to "Morning Legion" so it is greatly amusing to hear of the "stumbling... not awake... [requiring] remind[ing]" jumble of thoughts which accumulates from the depths of sleep to form the Legion we all know and love.
While I cannot give away the entirety of the story due to certain confidentiality policies, the moral of the story is this; it has once again been proven that Legion and their memory do not connect until after they awaken* (Which tends to involve the only voluntary use for large amounts of water).

Though I realise that not all of you will realise the great potential for humour in this story, I am hoping that at least one of you will share in the amusement of a half buried translator.

Rune

*Now to truly realise the context of this story you must remember that Legion's version of 'awaken' does not translate to 'opening eyes'. No, that would be far too simple. Instead Legion's version of 'awaken' (also known as the time at which they finally connect with their memory) involves a much longer process.
Out of preference and a copious number of hours spent perfecting the process, 'awakening' involves multiple alarm clocks, sun, the all important shower and breakfast.
This story took place before both the shower and breakfast. I do not believe that this requires my skills as a translator but for the sake of my job I will put this in; during the story Legion was essentially a walking zombie.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.