left For you go well with ketchup....: Can you tell I'm procrastinating?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Can you tell I'm procrastinating?


@ OK, quick update before the main point of this post. Basically, it was decided that April was going to be a continuous "FooL's day". This was decided back on April 1st, but it's turned out that April was a lot more hectic (heck, life has turned out to be a lot more hectic) than planned. Thus, there haven't been many posts.

@ One of the things that have been making my life hectic is that I had to go for an IQ test. The results finally came back, and the good news is that they're negative. The bad news is that apparently they want to do more testing.

@ Anyway, the thing that inspired this post was the following thought: What would it be like to be a telemarketer and call up someone like Mother Theresa? Or Ghandi, or St. Francis? Someone who is famous for giving up most of the stuff in their lives. Here you are, trying to sell encyclopedias or accordions, and they don't even have a second shirt. What would you do? How would you react? How would they react? Would they just say "No, thanks. I'm too busy taking care of the poor to learn to play the accordion" "I don't think your encyclopedias would fit in my house, and they would probably fall apart pretty quickly due to the conditions here" "I don't believe we have any ducts. We don't even have heated water."? Or would they try and convert the telemarketer to their way of life? Would they say "Accordions are the instrument of the devil! Sell harps instead!"? (Somehow I doubt it...) In some ways, I guess the question I'm asking is: How does one act in love towards a telemarketer, who in some ways plays the role of a leper in modern day society?

@ To my friends out there who read this and happen to be atheist or agnostic, I ask you to pardon the fact that a large number of the posts here end up, in one way or another, coming back to God, religion, or similar topics, even when it's a light hearted, random post. It's something that's been on my mind a fair amount, and tends to be important to me, so I won't apologize. Feel free to ask questions or comment about it - helps me to think more clearly about these subjects, rather than run around in circles over the same topics. <- This is probably the most serious you will ever see me... ooh look, shiny fish! @

FooL

0 Comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.