left For you go well with ketchup....: Watching Grass Grow in a High Voltage Environment

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Watching Grass Grow in a High Voltage Environment


% Well, as promised in a previous post, I now have a microwave. So far it has managed to last more than 24 hours undamaged. This is assuming that my landlord/housemate has managed not to break it in the time that I've been away. Please continue to cheer on the little microwave as it endeavors to survive in such a perilous environment.

% In other news, the streetlight that I discussed in this post was acting strangely again on Thursday. This time, instead of going out as I walked under it, it turned on, then brightened. It may seem odd to record the goings-on of a light bulb, but I have precedent to back me up:

World's Longest Lasting Light Bulb (Centennial Light) <- Click on the picture to see the webcam
World's Longest Lasting Lab Experiment (Pitch Drop Experiment) <- Link near the bottom allows you to see it live, though you'll have to have Windows Media Player to view it


% At least I'm not linking to a webcam of my streetlight. Mostly because I do not happen to own a webcam, but also because I think people would object to me running a cord that long down the street. Oh, and someone might steal the webcam. That's also a good reason.

% Buried right here, near the bottom, is a notice that Theophilus has started another blog, which will likely be updated on a close to yearly basis. The link to it will be added here, once I know what that link is. %

Sabius

EDIT: Theophilus' project can be found at http://creedproject.blogspot.com/.

0 Comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.