left For you go well with ketchup....: Yarrr!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yarrr!


% Ahoy! T'day be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and if ye don't know what that means, I suggest ye go visit the UK Headquarters at www.yarr.org.uk. It be fun for the whole family / dorm / class / workplace / construction site / asylum / coven / brother/sisterhood / hive. Aye, I know that the list there ain't very piratey, but ye haveta make allowances for the landlubbers.


% It is somewhat difficult to use pirate talk for conversation that doesn't involve at least a few vaguely nautical terms. I'm unused to it, and want to get this posted tonight. So we're switching to normal speech.

% As I was walking home tonight, the street light right above me went out. While rare, it is not so impossible as to be worrisome, though it is always creepy to have the light right above you go out for no apparent reason. Still, no cause for alarm, really.

% Except that the exact same thing happened last night, at the same street light. And it isn't that the street light broke once and hadn't been fixed - it actually went out, while I was under it, two time in a row.

% If I don't post tomorrow, you might want to send a search party after me, preferably armed for battle against ghoulies and ghosties of various sorts and descriptions.

% Or you could assume that I'm being my normal self, and that another post will occur in several months at the latest.


% Yarr, that be it for tonight. Avast, me hearties!%

Sabius

0 Comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.